2017 Collection Events!
Mark your 2017 calendar now for dates to drop off a wide variety of materials – ranging from computers and household chemicals to usable building materials and unwanted medications – at upcoming collections sponsored by PRC and its partners.
PRC provides Pennsylvania residents with options to conveniently and cost-effectively dispose of a wide variety of materials throughout the spring, summer, and fall of 2017.
LAUNCH Saturday, May 6, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at North Park Swimming Pool parking lot, Allegheny County
Individuals can drop off automotive fluids, household cleaners, pesticides, paints and other household chemicals for a cost of $3/gallon (cash only).
2017 household chemical collection schedule:
- May 6 (North Park, Allegheny County)
- May 20 (Concurrent Technologies Corporation ETF Facility, Johnstown, Cambria County)
- July 22 (Consol Energy Park, Washington County)
- August 19 (Boyce Park, Allegheny County)
- September 16 (South Park, Allegheny County)
- October 14 (Bradys Run Park, Beaver County)
LAUNCH Saturday, May 13, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, Frazer Township, Allegheny County
Individuals can drop off “e-waste” such as computers, cell phones, printer/toner cartridges, CFLs and expandable polystyrene packaging material at no cost.
For a fee, individuals can drop off alkaline batteries, televisions, computer monitors, fluorescent tubes, small Freon appliances and tires.
2017 hard-to-recycle collection schedule:
- May 13 (Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, Frazer Township, Allegheny County)
- June 24 (Quaker Valley High School, Leetsdale, Allegheny County)
- July 2017 (date and location to be announced)
- August 12 (Century III Mall, West Mifflin, Allegheny County
- October 7 (Settlers Cabin Park, Robinson Township, Allegheny County)
Saturday, April 29, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at numerous locations throughout southwestern Pennsylvania (including many municipal buildings and police departments)
Individuals can drop off unwanted and expired prescription and over-the-counter medications at no cost during U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration’s nationwide DRUG TAKE-BACK DAY.
Saturday, April 22, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. in UPMC Passavant’s Green Lot
Individuals can drop off items for reuse including medical equipment, usable building materials, clothing, furniture and more. The 6th annual ReuseFest supports local non-profits.
For complete collection event information, click here or call PRC at 412-488-7452.