2018 Collection Events!
Mark your 2018 calendar now for dates to drop off a wide variety of materials – ranging from computers and household chemicals to usable building materials and unwanted medications – at upcoming collections sponsored by PRC and its partners.
PRC provides Pennsylvania residents with options to conveniently and cost-effectively dispose of a wide variety of materials throughout the spring, summer, and fall of 2018.
Celebrate Earth Day at “ReuseFest”
Saturday, April 21, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the Children’s Hospital Employee Parking Lot Located at the intersection of 55th & Harrison Streets in Pittsburgh’s Lawrenceville neighborhood.
Individuals can drop off items for reuse including medical equipment, usable building materials, clothing, furniture and more. The 8th annual ReuseFest supports local non-profits.
For complete collection event information, click here or call PRC at 412-488-7452.
Saturday, April 28, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at numerous locations throughout southwestern Pennsylvania (including many municipal buildings and police departments)
PRC and Pennsylvania American Water will sponsor three collection events in western Pennsylvania (Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, and Robinson Township). Click here for more information.
Individuals can drop off unwanted and expired prescription and over-the-counter medications at no cost during U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration’s nationwide DRUG TAKE-BACK DAY.
Visit www.dea.gov after April 1 for a complete list of drop-off locations.
LAUNCH Saturday, May 5, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at North Park Swimming Pool parking lot, Allegheny County
Individuals can drop off automotive fluids, household cleaners, pesticides, paints and other household chemicals for a cost of $3/gallon (a few exceptions apply), cash only. New in 2018: Collections will accept smoke detectors for a fee of $3/each.
2018 household chemical collection schedule:
- May 5 (North Park, Allegheny County)
- May 19 (Concurrent Technologies Corporation ETF Facility, Johnstown, Cambria County)
- June 23 (Fairgrounds, Fayette County)
- July 21 (Wild Things Park, Washington County)
- August 18 (Boyce Park, Allegheny County)
- September 22 (South Park, Allegheny County)
- October 13 (Bradys Run Park, Beaver County)
LAUNCH Saturday, May 12, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, Frazer Township, Allegheny County
Individuals can drop off “e-waste” such as computers, cell phones, printer/toner cartridges, CFLs and expandable polystyrene packaging material at no cost.
For a fee, individuals can drop off alkaline batteries, televisions, computer monitors, fluorescent tubes, small Freon appliances and tires.
2018 hard-to-recycle collection schedule:
- May 12 (Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, Frazer Township, Allegheny County)
- June 16 (Bethel Park High School, Allegheny County)
- June 30 (Quaker Valley High School, Leetsdale, Allegheny County)
- August 25 (Century III Mall, West Mifflin, Allegheny County)
- October 6 (Settlers Cabin Park, Robinson Township, Allegheny County)