Fall Environmental Round Table
ENVIRONMENTAL ROUND TABLE:
THE FUTURE OF RECYCLING AND ACT 101
OCTOBER 11, 2017
214 N. LEXINGTON STREET
Join PRC and for a round table discussion about the future of recycling in PA. Hear from top experts on the state of the recycling industry, the environmental and financial impacts of PA recycling programs, and challenges to sustaining and growing recycling in PA. Share your thoughts on questions like:
- Is it time to update or overhaul Act 101, the state’s mandatory recycling law?
- How can we make it easier for consumers to know what materials to recycle?
- Is single stream still the way to go or is increasing contamination a threat?
- How do we fix the e-waste recycling program and the Covered Devices Recycling Act
- Given changes in consumer behavior and the markets for recyclable commodities, should mandatory recycling programs be focused on a narrower variety of materials?
- How do we encourage more recycling in small businesses without imposing prohibitive costs?
Following the round table, attendees are invited to network with PRC members and guests while enjoying local snacks and beverages.
Free for PRC Members!
In June, PRC joined forces with the Sustainable Business Network of Philadelphia for the first Environmental Round Table. Community members, local stakeholders, and statewide experts discussed topics ranged from working with manufacturers to design for recyclability and reuse, increasing access to recycling, improving education on recyclable materials, and much more! Find the full recap of the Round Table here.
October Environmental Round Table
Panel of Experts
Prof. John C. Dernbach
Commonwealth Professor of Environmental Law and Sustainability
Director, Environmental Law and Sustainability Center
Widener University, Commonwealth Law School
PA Department of Environmental Protection
PRC Western Regional Director
PRC Director Emeritus
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, PC