Environmental Round Table
Environmental Round Table:
The Future of Recycling and Act 101
Thursday, June 29, 2017 – 4-6 pm
3606 Providence Rd, Newtown Square, PA
Join PRC and the Sustainable Business Network of Philadelphia for a round table discussion about the future of recycling in PA. Hear from top experts on the state of the recycling industry, the environmental and financial impacts of PA recycling programs, and challenges to sustaining and growing recycling in PA. Share your thoughts on questions like:
- Is it time to update or overhaul Act 101, the state’s mandatory recycling law?
- How can we make it easier for consumers to know what materials to recycle?
- Is single stream still the way to go or is increasing contamination a threat?
- How do we fix the e-waste recycling program and the Covered Devices Recycling Act
- Given changes in consumer behavior and the markets for recyclable commodities, should mandatory recycling programs be focused on a narrower variety of materials?
- How do we encourage more recycling in small businesses without imposing prohibitive costs?
Following the round table, attendees are invited to network with PRC and SBN members and guests while enjoying local snacks and beverages.
Save your seat today!
Free for PRC Members!
Moderator: David Hess, Former Secretary of the PA Dept. of Environmental Protection
Prof. John C. Dernbach
Commonwealth Professor of Environmental Law and Sustainability
Director, Environmental Law and Sustainability Center
Widener University, Commonwealth Law School
Nancy J. Fromnick
Chester County Recycling Coordinator
Chester County Solid Waste Authority
Director of Sustainability
Revolution Recovery, LLC
Manager, Division of Waste Minimization and Planning
PA Department of Environmental Protection
PRC Western Regional Director
John G. Waffenschmidt
Vice President of Environmental Science and Community Affairs