Recycle Right at PRC Collections
The weather is warm, which means that PRC’s Collection Events Season is in full swing! Clean out your home of household chemicals, like cleaners and auto fluids, electronics like televisions and computers, and other “stuff” like tires and foam, to be recycled and responsibly managed at a PRC event!
PRC provides Pennsylvania residents with options to conveniently and cost-effectively dispose of a wide variety of materials throughout the spring, summer, and fall of 2018.
Individuals can drop off automotive fluids, household cleaners, pesticides, paints and other household chemicals for a cost of $3/gallon (a few exceptions apply), cash only. New in 2018: Collections will accept smoke detectors for a fee of $3/each.
Remaining 2018 Household Chemical Collection Events:
- June 23 (Fairgrounds, Fayette County)
- July 21 (Wild Things Park, Washington County)
- August 18 (Boyce Park, Allegheny County)
- September 22 (South Park, Allegheny County)
- October 13 (Bradys Run Park, Beaver County)
Individuals can drop off “e-waste” such as computers, cell phones, printer/toner cartridges, CFLs and expandable polystyrene packaging material at no cost.
For a fee, individuals can drop off alkaline batteries, televisions, computer monitors, fluorescent tubes, small Freon appliances and tires.
Remaining 2018 Hard-to-Recycle Collection Events:
- June 16 (Bethel Park High School, Allegheny County)
- June 30 (Quaker Valley High School, Leetsdale, Allegheny County)
- August 25 (Century III Mall, West Mifflin, Allegheny County)
- October 6 (Settlers Cabin Park, Robinson Township, Allegheny County)