Summer & Fall Collection Events
There’s still plenty of time to take advantage of numerous opportunities to drop off unwanted household chemicals and hard-to-recycle items at PRC’s 2017 collection events from July until October! This year marks our 15th season of providing responsible disposal options for household chemicals (including automotive fluids, household cleaners, paints, and pesticides and hard-to-recycle items (including electronics, televisions, tires, and batteries).
Individuals can drop off automotive fluids, household cleaners, pesticides, paints and other household chemicals for a cost of $3/gallon (a few exceptions apply), cash only. All events run from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- July 22 (Wild Things Park, Washington County)
- August 19 (Boyce Park, Allegheny County)
- September 16 (South Park, Allegheny County)
- October 14 (Bradys Run Park, Beaver County)
Individuals can drop off “e-waste” such as computers, cell phones, printer/toner cartridges, CFLs and expandable polystyrene packaging material at no cost. All events run from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
For a fee, individuals can drop off alkaline batteries, televisions, computer monitors, fluorescent tubes, small Freon appliances and tires.
- July 29 (La Roche College, Allegheny County)
- August 12 (Century III Mall, West Mifflin, Allegheny County)
- October 7 (Settlers Cabin Park, Robinson Township, Allegheny County)
Saturday, September 30, from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Lawrence County Fair Grounds in New Castle, PA.
Individuals can drop off items for reuse including medical equipment, clothing, animal supplies, kitchen items, furniture and more. The 7th annual ReuseFest supports Western Pennsylvania non-profits.
For complete collection event information, click here or call PRC at 412-488-7452.