Household Chemical Recycling for City of Pittsburgh Residents
WHEN: Saturdays 9 am – 1 pm on March 11, May 13, July 15, September 16, November 11
WHERE: City of Pittsburgh Environmental Services, 3001 Railroad Street, Pgh., PA 15201
NOTE: MATERIAL DISPOSAL IS CHARGED BY ITEM TYPE ON A SLIDING SCALE:
$0.25/lb: paints, antifreeze, used oil, other fuels
$1.25/lb: pesticides, poisons, household cleaners, asbestos, acids, aerosols, oxidizers, putty & adhesives, cosmetics
$2.95/lb: flammable and reactive solids, quarts of oil
Small propane tanks: <20lbs $4 each; >20lbs $14 each; fire extinguishers: $14 each
$35.00/lb: mercury-containing devices
PAYMENT: Payment is accepted via cash, check or card.
CLICK HERE to register for May 13
CLICK HERE to register for July 15
CLICK HERE to register for September 16
CLICK HERE to register for November 11
All acceptable materials will be weighed, and fees assessed when material is dropped off. PRC reserves the right to refuse any material deemed unacceptable.
- Aerosol cans
- Automotive fluids (e.g., motor oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze, kerosene, brake fluid)
- Camp fuel/small propane bottles
- Chemistry sets
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs: bulbs only- we do not accept fluorescent tubes)
- Electronic cigarettes
- Gasoline and kerosene
- Household cleaners (ammonia, drain openers, acid cleaners, oven cleaners)
- Mercury thermometers
- Paint products (latex, oil based, alkyd based, arts/crafts chemicals, rust preservatives, creosote, water sealers, paint thinners, furniture strippers)
- Pesticides/garden (rodent killers, insecticides, weed killers, mothballs, fertilizer)
- Photo & Pool chemicals
- Smoke Detectors
We are NOT accepting pharmaceuticals or tires at these collections. You may bring acceptable e-waste to this event. Click here for details.
If you have questions about any materials listed above, or not listed above, please email [email protected] or give us a call at 412-489-9299.
- Please arrive on site at your allotted time.
- Place materials to be recycled in trunk or truck bed if able
- Payment is accepted via cash, check, debit, or credit card
If you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment, please email [email protected], or call us at 412-489-9299.