Hard to Recycle Event Registration
Due to precautions brought about by the COVID-19 outbreak, PRC’s Hard to Recycle Collection events scheduled for 2020 will be registration based. This allows us to control the flow of traffic into the event, ensuring the safety of the public, our staff, and recycling partners.
While registration for this event is free, there are some fees associated with recycling certain materials. Please see the list at the bottom of this page for more information.
All participants who have a registered time slot are guaranteed the opportunity to recycle their materials.
Please click on the links listed below to register for a time slot.
July 18th at Bethel Park High School
July 25th at La Roche University
August 29th at Next Tier Connect @ Pittsburgh East, Monroeville
October 24th at Galleria at Pgh Mills
We ask that all in attendance please follow these guidelines:
- Wear a face mask and stay in your vehicle at all times
- Payment via credit or debit card is preferred for a contactless payment experience
- Place materials to be recycled in trunk or truck bed to provide adequate social distancing for those who will be unloading your recyclables
Acceptable Materials & Associated Fees
Materials Collected for a FEE:
- All Computer Monitors (flat screen & CRT) – $20 each
- Televisions – $30 each
- Console or Rear Projection TVs – $40 each
- Printers – $5 each
- Small Freon Containing Appliances (window ac units, dehumidifiers) $10 each
- Fluorescent tubes: $2 per 4 foot tube
- Tires (car/truck) $4 without rims $10 with rims
- Hard Drive Data Destruction Verification -1 Drive $11.50 each
- Hard Drive Data Destruction Verification -each additional drive after 1st $3 each
Materials Collected at NO Cost:
CPU (towers), laptops, mice, & keyboards * Home phones & cellphones * Tablets & UPS
Servers, routers, & modems * DVD Players, VCRs, & stereos * Microwaves * Copiers & scanners
Electronic cables * Video game consoles * Expanded Polystyrene packaging material
Glass bottles, jugs, and jars (all colors, labels and lids can remain on)
We are NOT accepting batteries, CFLs and media (VHS, DVDs, Cassette tapes) at 2020 events to reduce the amount of contact between participants and event staff.
For battery and CFL recycling visit Batteries Plus Bulbs for locations close to you.