GO “GREEN” ON EARTH DAY (AND EVERY DAY)
In celebration of Earth Day 2022, PRC offers three suggestions for going “green” on April 22 — and every day of the year!
1) ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES
- Become involved in community cleanup efforts organized by groups such as Allegheny CleanWays and Friends of the Riverfront
- Bring awareness to local litter problems by submitting photographs to PRC’s annual Lens on Litter contest
- Register for a PRC composting or rain barrel webinar
2) LEARN TO RECYCLE RIGHT
- Call the DEP Recycling Hotline at 1-800-346-4242 with recycling questions
- Take part in PRC’s free monthly Recycling & Waste Reduction Webinar (next one takes place May 12 at 6:30 p.m.)
3) CLEAR THE CLUTTER
- Clean out the basement and garage and attend a PRC household chemical collection event
- Rid your home of unwanted electronics and other hard-to-recycle items by dropping off TVs, computers, tires and more at an upcoming hard-to-recycle collection event
- Give a second life to gently used materials by donating unwanted items to Goodwill or another charity
The EPA estimates that the average American produces 4.4 pounds of waste each day – that’s 1,600 pounds a year. Since much of this waste is in some way recyclable, a typical resident of Pennsylvania has the potential to keep more than a half ton of waste from entering landfills each and every year.
YOUR SUPPORT HELPS PRC CREATE A PENNSYLVANIA WHERE NOTHING IS WASTED!
Give today to protect people, Pennsylvania, and the planet.