Household Chemical Collection Event Registation
Due to precautions brought about by the COVID-19 outbreak, PRC’s County Wide 2020 Household Chemical Collection events are required by the PA Department of Environmental Protection to be registration based.
While registration for this event is free, there is a $20 fee per vehicle load of 10 gallons/50 lbs. Please see the list at the bottom of this page for more information.
All participants who have a registered time slot are guaranteed the opportunity to dispose of their materials.
Please click on the links listed below to register for a time slot.
October 10th: Beaver County at Brady’s Run Park
October 31st: Allegheny Count at North Park Swimming Pool parking lot
We ask that all in attendance please follow these guidelines:
- $20 fee for up 10 gallons/50 lbs per vehicle assessed on all participants*
- All items MUST be placed in car trunk or truck bed
- Wear a mask if speaking with on site personnel
- Bring exact change or check
- Remain in your vehicle at all times
Accepted Materials & Associated Cost
NEW PRICING STRUCTURE
PRC has modified the fee structure in response to the COVID-19 pandemic by introducing a fee structure that allows us to reduce the number of interactions occurring between event participants and staff to promote safety during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
PER VEHICLE CHARGE:
$20* fee covers disposal up 10 gallons/50 lbs per vehicle the following materials:
- Aerosol cans
- Automotive fluids (e.g., motor oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze, kerosene, brake fluid)
- Batteries & Camp fuel/small propane bottles
- Chemistry sets & Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs: bulbs only- we do not accept fluorescent tubes)
- Gasoline and kerosene
- Household cleaners (ammonia, drain openers, acid cleaners, oven cleaners)
- Mercury thermometers
- Paint products (latex, oil based, alkyd based, arts/crafts chemicals, rust preservatives, creosote, water sealers, paint thinners, furniture strippers)
- Pesticides/garden (rodent killers, insecticides, weed killers, mothballs, fertilizer)
- Photo & Pool chemicals & Smoke Detectors
*ADDITIONAL FEES: $12 per fire extinguisher; $15 per pound of liquid mercury
*OVERSIZED LOADS will be subject to additional charges at the discretion of on-site staff
EXAMPLES OF MATERIALS ACCEPTED FOR $20 Fee