Best Practices at a Hard to Recycle Collection
Every Year PRC holds a number of Hard-to-Recycle Collection events in order to provide residents with a responsible means of disposing of e-waste. We partner with eLoop, a BAN e-Stewards Certified Recycler, to ensure electronics are recycled properly. At these events, residents have opportunity to dispose of freon appliances, tires, polystyrene packaging material (or Styrofoam blocks) and nearly any electronic. By knowing what to expect at our events, you play a part in ensuring the event proceeds as efficiently and safely as possible.
- Be patient – Our events are usually very well attended, which means you will likely have to wait in line. Our team is working as quickly as possible to unload materials from participants cars, while being safe and responsible.
- Do not get out of your car – PRC takes care of all the unloading. It actually helps everyone go faster and keeps both you and our team safer if you stay in your car
- Pack your vehicle with unloading in mind – Try to keep everything in your trunk or otherwise easily accessible. Try to only have items you wish to drop off in your trunk or be very clear if you do have items you wish to keep.
- Look over our fees – Some items are difficult and expensive to recycle. While we try to keep our fees as low as possible, they are necessary to ensure we can continue to offer this service. To find out if an item you wish to drop off includes a fee, click here.
- Do not bring unaccepted items – At this event, we can NOT accept household chemicals. Please double check our accepted items here to insure we can accept everything you bring.
Please note: Due to the ever changing COVID-19 outbreak, all event dates, locations, acceptable materials and associated fees are subject to change. Check back frequently for the most up-to-date list of PRC collections events, hours, fees, and list of acceptable materials
Not sure if your item will be accepted? Feel free to contact us if you would like to double check!