Hard to Recycle Event Registration
Due to precautions brought about by the COVID-19 outbreak this year’s Hard to Recycle Collection events scheduled for 2021 are required to be registration based by the PA DEP. This allows us to control the flow of traffic into the event, ensuring the safety of the public, our staff, and recycling partners.
While registration for this event is free, there are some fees associated with recycling certain materials. Please see the list at the bottom of this page for more information.
2021 Collection Event Schedule:
All events require pre-registration to attend. Registration will open one month prior to each event. If you would like to be emailed when registration opens, please sign up for our email list.
All participants who have a registered time slot are guaranteed the opportunity to recycle their materials. Registration is in high demand, so please only register if you are certain you can attend. If you can no longer attend, please cancel your registration via the Eventbrite link, or email [email protected]
We ask that all in attendance please follow these guidelines:
- Wear a face mask and stay in your vehicle at all times
- Payment via credit or debit card is preferred for a contactless payment experience
- Place materials to be recycled in trunk or truck bed to provide adequate social distancing for those who will be unloading your recyclables
Acceptable Materials & Associated Fees
Materials Collected for a FEE:
- All Computer Monitors (flat screen & CRT) – $20 each
- Televisions – $30 each
- Console or Rear Projection TVs – $40 each
- Printers – $5 each
- Small Freon Containing Appliances (window ac units, dehumidifiers) $10 each
- Fluorescent tubes: $2 per 4 foot tube
- Tires (car/truck) $4 without rims $10 with rims
- Hard Drive Data Destruction Verification -1 Drive $11.50 each
- Hard Drive Data Destruction Verification -each additional drive after 1st $3 each
Materials Collected at NO Cost:
CPU (towers), laptops, mice, & keyboards * Home phones & cellphones * Tablets & UPS
Servers, routers, & modems * DVD Players, VCRs, & stereos * Microwaves * Copiers & scanners
Electronic cables * Video game consoles * Expanded Polystyrene packaging material
Glass bottles, jugs, and jars (all colors, labels and lids can remain on)
We are NOT accepting batteries, CFLs and media (VHS, DVDs, Cassette tapes) at 2021 events. Visit www.greendisk.com for mail-in media recycling options. For battery and CFL recycling visit Batteries Plus Bulbs for locations close to you.
*** NEW FOR 2021: Pop-Up E-Waste Collection @ Michael Brothers ***
For those unable to attend Saturday Hard-to-Recycle Collections, PRC is piloting pop-up e-waste collection events on designated weekdays in 2021.
These collection are for E-WASTE ONLY. Individuals can drop off cell/home phones, computer towers and peripheral equipment (keyboards, laptops, mice, etc.) and video game consoles/DVD players at no cost, while for a fee, individuals can drop off televisions, computer monitors and printers.
Registration is currently closed. Please visit www.prc.org/PopUpEWaste/ for updates on future collections, or consider registering for a Hard to Recycle Collection above.
The 2021 PRC pop-up e-waste collection campaign is sponsored by Michael Brothers Hauling & Recycling and Sustainable Sewickley.