Photos submitted to the Lens on Litter Photo Contest should help to heighten litter consciousness by showing how litter threatens public health and safety, scenic beauty, property values, the environment, pets, or wildlife.
Each photo will be judged on 6 criteria:
- Anti-litter message
- Originality of photo
- Photographic technique
- Quality of photo
- Originality of title
- Severity of the Litterbug’s crime
- Photos must be taken in Pennsylvania by Pennsylvania residents.
- Photos may be black-and-white or color.
- Printed photo entries must be no smaller than 4×6 inches and no larger than 8×10 inches.
- Digital entries must be submitted in high resolution. (This will improve the quality of the printed photos.)
- Only one winning photo per entrant.
Photo Submittal Requirements
- Each participant may submit up to 5 photos.
- Each photo must include the following:
- Contest category (adult or student)
- Students must also include age, grade, and school name
- Photographer’s name, address, email and phone number
- Title of composition
- Location of composition
- How you heard about the contest
- Optional but encouraged: Extra points are awarded for entrants that coordinate clean-up of the subject area and submit a “before and after” photo as evidence of your clean-up efforts.
- Digital entries should be submitted via the form on this page or by emailing email@example.com. Please include all required information listed above in your email.
- Mail-in entries should be posted by October 31 and sent to:
PRC/Lens on Litter
1671 N. Providence Road
Media, PA 19063
Photos submitted that do not meet all requirements and rules above will not be considered.
Important disclosure: By submitting a photographic image in the Lens on Litter Photo Contest, entrants agree to allow PRC to use the photos at its discretion.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org