Pop Up E-Waste Collection at Michael Bros.
In partnership with Michael Brothers and eLoop LLC and through the generous support of Sustainable Sewickley, PRC is piloting electronic waste recycling collections by appointment at two collection sites Tuesdays and Thursdays in May 2021.
A complete schedule and links to register for drop-off are below. Registration for each date will open one month prior to the collection date.
Tuesday, May 4th @ Michael Bros North Hills (408 Hoffman Road Pittsburgh, PA 15212)
Tuesday, May 18th @ Michael Bros South Hills (901 Horning Road Pittsburgh, PA 15236)
While registration is free, there are some fees associated with recycling certain materials, which will be collected on site. Please see the list below for fees that will be charged.
Acceptable Materials & Associated Fees
Materials Collected for a FEE:
- All Computer Monitors (flat screen & CRT) – $20 each
- Televisions – $30 each
- Console or Rear Projection TVs – $40 each
- Printers – $5 each
Materials Collected at NO Cost:
CPU (towers), laptops, mice, & keyboards * Home phones & cellphones * Tablets & UPS, Servers, routers, & modems * DVD Players, VCRs, & stereos * Copiers & scanners, Electronic cables * Video game consoles *
We are NOT accepting batteries, CFLs and media (VHS, DVDs, Cassette tapes), appliances, or tires at these pilot collections.
For battery and CFL recycling visit Batteries Plus Bulbs for locations close to you. For appliances or tires, please register for an upcoming Hard-to-Recycle collection.
We ask that all in attendance please follow these guidelines:
- Wear a face mask and stay in your vehicle at all times
- Payment via credit or debit card is preferred for a contactless payment experience
- Place materials to be recycled in trunk or truck bed to provide adequate social distancing
- Please arrive on site at your allotted time.