PRC COVID-19 UPDATE
In recent weeks, the Pennsylvania Resources Council has closely monitored the COVID-19 situation in the commonwealth and its potential impact on venues and events.
Following the CDC’s March 15 recommendation concerning public gatherings, PRC has announced the following program changes:
- PITTSBURGH AREA CONSERVATION WORKSHOPS THRU MAY 31st – RESCHEDULED (dates TBD)
- PHILADELPHIA AREA THRU MAY 31st RAINBARREL WORKSHOPS – RESCHEDULED (dates TBD)
- FUTUREFEST/REUSEFEST APRIL 18TH EARTH DAY CELEBRATION – RESCHEDULED FOR OCT. 17, 2020
- HOUSEHOLD CHEMICAL COLLECTION – Click here for updated schedule.
- HARD TO RECYCLE COLLECTION – Click here for updated schedule.
- WILD & SCENIC FILM FESTIVAL – RESCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 8, 2020
- GLASS COLLECTION EVENTS THROUGH MAY 30th – POSTPONED
PRC will continue to monitor the situation and will follow the guidance of public health and government officials when making any future schedule changes.
As of March 25, the following programs and events will take place with modifications in place as appropriate:
- PAPER CO-OP DISTRIBUTION – Paper orders can be placed through the Recycled Paper Cooperative store until further notice. PRC will make paper orders available for pick-up within 3 to 4 weeks after normal business operations are deemed allowable by the Governor’s Office.
- PA DEP RECYCLING HOTLINE – While our staff is working remotely, all calls are being routed to voicemail and will be returned the same day, if received during regular hotline hours from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Please leave a message with your phone number, county of residents, and material you are looking to dispose of and we will return the call as soon as possible.
Please check back for additional schedule updates on individual program pages and via social media. You can also reach out to PRC via [email protected] with specific questions.