ReuseFest Set for FutureFest 2020
This year, Pennsylvania Resources Council, in partnership with Communitopia, is ready to present ReuseFest at FutureFest on April 18th.
What is FutureFest?
“FutureFest” is a future-focused, fresh take on Earth Day. Therefore, this public festival allows visitors to glimpse into the world of tomorrow. It is the result of collaboration between many stakeholder organizations, working across different sectors. As a result, the collective goal is celebrating Pittsburgh’s successes and helping visitors image an achievable, sustainable future.
- ReuseFest Collection Event
- Venture Outdoors
- Tree Pittsburgh, Tree Giveaway
- Educational Workshops
- Food and Beverage Vendors
- Eco-conscious Vendors
- Dawn’s Craft Room
- Riverview Fabrics
- Pip & Lola’s Everything Homemade
- Kraken Apothecary
- Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Garden
- Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL)
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission, CommuteInfo Program
- Solar United Neighbors
What is ReuseFest?
In its fourth year, FutureFest also includes Pennsylvania Resources Council’s “ReuseFest” Collection. ReuseFest is a one-day collection event that is open to the general public. So, the main objective is diverting materials from local landfills to reuse by Pittsburgh non-profits.
Our organization collaborates with a number of local nonprofits, so that donated items find a new lease on life. Additionally, materials benefit those in need.
- Dress For Success Pittsburgh
- Construction Junction
- Brother’s Brother Foundation
- Grow Pittsburgh
- The Education Partnership
- Humane Animal Rescue League
- Free Store Wilkinsburg
- Free Ride Pittsburgh
- Goodwill Southwestern PA
- Off the Floor Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul