Household Chemical Collection Event Registation
Due to precautions brought about by the COVID-19 outbreak, PRC’s County Wide 2021 Household Chemical Collection events are required by the PA Department of Environmental Protection to be registration based.
While registration for this event is free, there is a $20 fee per vehicle load of 10 gallons/50 lbs. Please see the list at the bottom of this page for more information.
2021 Collection Event Schedule:
All events require pre-registration to attend. Registration will open one month prior to each event. If you would like to be emailed when registration opens, please sign up for our email list.
All participants who have a registered time slot are guaranteed the opportunity to dispose of their materials.
We ask that all in attendance please follow these guidelines:
- $20 fee for up 10 gallons/50 lbs per vehicle assessed on all participants*
- All items MUST be placed in car trunk or truck bed
- All forms of payment accepted, card preferred
- Remain in your vehicle at all times
Accepted Materials & Associated Cost
NEW PRICING STRUCTURE
PRC has modified the fee structure in response to the COVID-19 pandemic by introducing a fee structure that allows us to reduce the number of interactions occurring between event participants and staff to promote safety during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
PER VEHICLE CHARGE:
$20* fee covers disposal up 10 gallons/50 lbs per vehicle the following materials:
- Aerosol cans
- Automotive fluids (e.g., motor oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze, kerosene, brake fluid)
- Batteries & Camp fuel/small propane bottles
- Chemistry sets & Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs: bulbs only- we do not accept fluorescent tubes)
- Gasoline and kerosene
- Household cleaners (ammonia, drain openers, acid cleaners, oven cleaners)
- Mercury thermometers
- Paint products (latex, oil based, alkyd based, arts/crafts chemicals, rust preservatives, creosote, water sealers, paint thinners, furniture strippers)
- Pesticides/garden (rodent killers, insecticides, weed killers, mothballs, fertilizer)
- Photo & Pool chemicals & Smoke Detectors
*ADDITIONAL FEES: $12 per fire extinguisher; $15 per pound of liquid mercury
*OVERSIZED LOADS will be subject to additional charges at the discretion of on-site staff
EXAMPLES OF MATERIALS ACCEPTED FOR $20 Fee