Since 2003, Pennsylvania Resources Council has held Hard to Recycle collections in Southwestern PA. The goal is to provide responsible and convenient disposal for items that are not eligible for curbside recycling. At these events, individuals have been able to recycle items such as e-waste, cell phones, polystyrene, Freon-containing appliances, tires and more.
Pennsylvania Resources Council has further committed to the safe, ethical, and responsible recycling outlet of electronic waste through recognition by the Basel Action Network (BAN), as an E-Stewards® Enterprise. You can learn more about E-Stewards Certification here.
for a PER-ITEM FEE
- All Computer Monitors (flat screen & CRT) – $20 each
- Televisions – $30 each
- Console or Rear Projection TVs – $40 each
- Printers – $5 each
- Small Freon Containing Appliances (window ac units, dehumidifiers) – $10 each
- Fluorescent tubes – $2 per 4 foot tube
- Tires (car/truck) – $5 without rims $12 with rims
- Hard Drive Data Destruction Verification – 1st drive $11
- Hard Drive Data Destruction Verification – each additional drive after 1st is $3 each
$5 Participant Fee* charged
for unlimited disposal of
- CPU (towers), laptops, mice, & keyboards
- Home phones & cellphones
- Tablets & UPS
- Servers, routers, & modems
- DVD Players, VCRs, & stereos
- Copiers & scanners
- Electronic cables
- Video game consoles
- Expanded Polystyrene packaging material
* $5 participant fee waived if individual pays for disposal of TV, tires or other materials listed in the FEE section above
We are NOT accepting batteries, CFLs and media (VHS, DVDs, Cassette tapes) at 2023 events. Visit www.greendisk.com for mail-in media recycling options. For battery and CFL recycling, visit Batteries Plus Bulbs (call 412-366-3658) for locations close to you.
Please note acceptable materials and associated fees are subject to change. Please check back frequently for updates.
If you have questions regarding Hard to Recycle Collections, please call 412.488.7490 x 1.