PRC leads and supports advocacy at the local and state level to drive development of a more circular economy and more environmentally just communities.
We serve as a trusted partner and leader — providing information regarding waste reduction and materials management to help local and state leaders and all those concerned with the environment make productive decisions about minimizing and diverting waste to preserve water, air, energy, and land.
Our recent work has:
- Provided a blueprint for waste reduction and recycling in Pennsylvania via our pivotal report on Act 101, the law regulating recycling statewide. We are educating leaders now about the changes we need.
- Returned glass to the recycling stream in southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Helped build a blue bin recycling program in Pittsburgh
- Promoted composting across the region
- Innovated property level storm water management practices adopted broadly across the Delaware River Watershed, advancing environmental justice