- Photos must be taken in Pennsylvania.
- Each photo must have a 3×5 card, attached to the back of the photo listing:
- Contest category (adult or student) Students must also include age, grade, and school name
- Photographer’s name, address, email and phone number
- Title of composition and location
- How you heard about the contest
- Photo must be no smaller than 4×6 inches and no larger than 8×10 inches. It may be in black and white or in color. Digital entries must be submitted in high resolution. (This will improve the quality of the printed photos.)
- Each participant may submit up to 5 photos.
- Each photo will be judged on 6 criteria:
- Anti-litter message
- Originality of photo
- Photographic technique
- Quality of photo
- Originality of title
- Severity of the Litterbug’s crime
Photos should help to heighten litter consciousness by showing how litter threatens public health and safety, scenic beauty, property values, the environment, pets, or wildlife.
Please, do not submit photos of illegal dumping. The goal of the Lens on Litter Photo Contest is to highlight the careless, illegal act of littering, in order to change individual behavior.
Also, entrants are encouraged to coordinate a clean-up of the subject area and provide a photo of the results of your efforts. Extra Points will be awarded for those entries who show evidence of cleanup of the site photoed.
Contest dates are January 1-December 31 every year. Send all entries by December 31 of this year to:
PRC/Lens on Litter
1671 N. Providence Road
Media, PA 19063
High resolution photos may be submitted via the form on this page or by emailing them to [email protected] Please include all required information listed above in your email.
Please feel free to email the Lens on Litter team at [email protected] with any questions.