Due to precautions brought about by the COVID-19 outbreak, PRC’s 2020 Household Chemical and Hard to Recycle Collection events are required by the PA Department of Environmental to have participants register in advance.
“This year PRC has introduced new procedures including advance registration to promote safety during the current COVID-19 outbreak,” according to Sarah Alessio Shea, PRC Collection Events Manager. “All participants who register for a time slot are guaranteed the opportunity to dispose of their materials.”
While there is no cost to register for an event, fees are associated with disposing of materials at the events.
5 events scheduled in 2020:
- Participants pay a fee to dispose of some materials (such as televisions and tires) while other items (such as cell phones and microwave ovens) will be accepted for free
- Register at prc.org/HtRregistration
- No openings left for July 18 and July 25 events
- Upcoming events take place August 29, October 3, October 24
HOUSEHOLD CHEMICAL COLLECTIONS
6 events scheduled in 2020:
- Participants pay a $20 flat fee for disposal of aerosol cans, automotive fluids, chemistry sets, gasoline and kerosene, household cleaners, mercury thermometers, paint products, pesticides/garden chemicals, photo chemicals and pool chemicals
- NOTE: Oversized loads will be subject to additional charges at the discretion of on-site staff and participants will also pay $12 per fire extinguisher and $15 per pound of liquid mercury
- Register at prc.org/HHWregistration
- Upcoming events take place August 1, August 15, September 19, October 10, October 30 (note: first event of season took place in June)
Participants at these collection events must adhere to the following guidelines: 1) place items in car truck or truck bed; 2) wear a face covering when interacting with on-site personnel; 3) remain in vehicle at all times; 4) visit PRC’s website for updates before attending the event. In addition, individuals attending hard-to-recycle events are asked to pay by credit/debit card if possible, whereas individuals attending household chemical events are asked to pay with cash or checks.
CLICK HERE for complete collection event information – including a list of items accepted and associated costs – call PRC at 412-488-7452.